Slideshow Widget

Knitting for your doll - hand made, home made Christmas

16 Oct 2010

picture from the Etsy shop of mariengold, .



If you want to do some Christmas knitting for your little jenny wren dolls, both the 12"(30cm) and the 16"(40cm) I have found some patterns for you to use but of course don't forget to respect the rights of the designers, most patterns are for personal use only
.
Maria of Mariengold has taken the time to write down and publish her beautiful doll patterns, the dress at the top of the page is one of her designs.
You can find them on Etsy and on Ravelry.





Then there is Shelley's ( Waldorf mama)  pattern which was seen in Living Craft magazine and is available on Ravelry where the pattern is available for free.






The lovely Jennifer (Joyful stars), mama to one of my dolls has also designed a sweet sweater for a 16" doll that is available for free on Ravelry.



Ellie's doll ( Rebecca's daughter)



And this little cardigan ,Little Kina  , though I spent ages a couple of months ago working out out my own version not knowing it is  available for free on Ravelry from Muriel Agator. 
There is also an adult, child and baby version.





This is the Poppy cardigan by Georgie Hallam. 
This is another free Ravelry download.




Brandy Fortune has made a doll sized version of  Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Sweater and it again available for free from her lovely online knitting magazine Petite Purls.





These stockings/ socks are from Dottyspots  Haxell and again, on Ravelry.





And don't forget my simple tutorial  for a sleeveless vest that is suitable fro beginner knitters and also very adaptable to those who want to design their own dolly knitwear.


There are also some knitting pattern books with suitable patterns for my dolls.
My mother has one of these and has knitted a few items  to fit both my 12" dolls and my 16" dolls. 
There are many in the series and they are probably available through your local knitting shop and are certainly available on the net.
I have seen them on Etsy and Ebay but also there are British knitting sites that sell them and I think Bendigo Woollen Mills has some too though I can't see them listed on their site I do remember seeing some on a pamphlet they sent me.






For most of the garments that I knit for the dolls I sell the patterns are made up as I am knitting. 
Obviously many of them are variations of the one pattern but as yet I have not written anything down.

I do get many requests for my patterns, especially 'That Cardigan' but I am not sure that pattern writing is my thing.
I have had to write down my dolly underwear pattern so that Mum can knit those for me and she says it is easy to understand but perhaps she is being kind, she is my Mum after all.


Now over to you dear readers...
if you know of any other patterns suitable for Christmas dolly knitting I would love you to share.
I'm sure there are many more I haven't discovered yet.

Oh and if you don't want to knit your own but want some hand knit doll clothes there  is some beautiful work available on Etsy for example:

Avi and Tali, who also sell patterns and sewn clothes

Lavenderlore  have gorgeous knitwear

Dolly's favourite1

and a new one is Turtlekeeper

Oh and I will have some hand knit outfits in my store towards the end of next week, including 'That cardigan'.

I will be doing a doll upload on Wednesday round lunchtime ( early evening in the US and I'm not sure what time in UK Europe, I am not good with different time zones, boggles my mind) and then clothes , as I said, at the end of the week.


I'm sure there are more, let me know if you have found any good shops or if you have a store selling hand knit doll clothes suitable for waldorf style dolls.



8 Responses to “Knitting for your doll - hand made, home made Christmas”

  1. I sell mine for 18" dolls (both AGD and Waldorf) over at http://aviandtali.etsy.com ;-) I am also on Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny, lots of good resources there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat to see...and perhaps to try! thank you Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jenny-those are all really helpful links...I'm off to check them out now:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Jenny. The work and research you have put together to share with your readers is so inspiring. I am so inspired to try and make just a few little well thought items for my children [somewhere in the tiny bits of free time after i put them to bed!. I love your blog and your dolls. Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the free links. Can't wait to get started on a couple of those sweaters for the granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jenny
    I have a pants pattern too, up on raverly

    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dolly-pants

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to chat. I don't always have time to reply but I do read every message you leave.